Monday 2 April 2007

Women and laptops

"I got on Dad's computer, and put in 'Cindy Sharp' into Google, and I found an interview she'd given to some woman's magazine when Martin (Cindy's ex) had gone to prison. 'Cindy Sharp talks for the first time about her heartbreak' and all that. You could even click on a picture of her and her two girls. Cindy looked like Penny (Martin's lover), except older and a bit fatter, because of having had kids and that. And what's the betting that Penny looked like the fifteen-year-old (the reason that he went to prison), except that the fifteen-year-old was even slimmer than Penny, and had bigger tits or whatever? They're tossers, aren't they, men like Martin? They think women are like fucking laptops or whatever, like, My old one's knackered and anyway, you can get ones that are slimmer and do more stuff now."

Nick Hornby, "A Long Way Down"


This is dedicated to Tania, obsessed with slim laptops. I must say Alastair has put on two kilos and I still speak to him! Not very often, that's true :)

2 comments:

Tania said...

Yes, I have to accept it, I am obsessed with slim laptops.
Let's see..laptops were created thinking in mobility!! Why I should have a laptop with a 3 kg of weight .. impossible !!.
I want a powerfull and slim laptop, can I ?

Jose said...

Muy bien, tienes toda la razón, cuando tienes toda la razón te la doy :)