Tuesday 6 March 2007

El visillo de mi salita

On Sunday morning I hung the curtains in both the sitting/dining room and bathroom. On Saturday night I accidentally made some cuts in one of the curtains when the metal curtain rod fell on one of them like a javelin:

I was quite pleased with the bathroom curtain. After hanging it, I looked at my work and I rested satisfied: I liked my little flat much better. Apart from the above-mentioned cuts in the fabric, I didn't like the sitting/dining room curtain so much. What do you think of it?


First conclusion: it would have been better if it were longer, down to the floor. The rest of conclusions are up to you! Let me know what you think (in English, Spanish, Italian...).

This morning in Lavapiés metro station I spotted this ad (almost literal, as far as my memory allows):

"My recipe of whiskey turkey is very simple:
I cook the turkey while I drink the whiskey.
Get to know Jamie Oliver
The irreverent genius of world cuisine
Saturdays at 16.30 on Localia TV*"

PS. Note Alastair's Next pedometer and Tania's thermometer.
PPS. I don't get Localia.

5 comments:

Robin said...

I don't like it because the curtain is so much bigger than the actual window...

Jose said...

That's a good point, robin, but I guess it wouldn't look that bad if the space between the rod and the window were about the same as the space below the window. It looks a bit asymmetrical, as if I didn't have enough fabric... mmmh

Tania said...

My dear Josecín, in my humble opinion, I would drop the curtain a little bit down in order to center with the window. Ahh, I like your red chairs and black table, it look very chic!! Also, I like your kitchen floor and the pink walls.
Kisses and hugs
Tania

ChriSmilla said...

I like the whole thing: curtain, table and chairs. Looks great!

Jose said...

(Quoting Chris) "I like the whole thing: curtain, table and chairs. Looks great!"

- And the pink walls??