Thursday 10 January 2008

02/01/1429 AH

Happy new year to my non-existent Muslim visitors :) I would like to begin by reviewing what happened in 1429 (click on the year to find out). I should also explain that AH stands for "Anno Hegirae", which is Latin for "in the year of Hijra", where Hijra is the migration of Mohammed from Mecca to Medina.

It was Tarik who told us this morning we were on the second day of the first month of 1429. I made a joke. I said, You're living in the Middle Ages. Tania just said, No wonder... whatever it means :)

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." (Matthew 7, 7-8)
I couldn't remember the exact quote or the apostle who had written it. Yet I referred to this passage this afternoon before I asked Alastair to marry Noreen. I haven't got a reply yet. I hope the answer'll be yes :) I'll keep you posted.

PS. I have got the happy news that Sheng and Jinyong are getting married (with their respective partners). All the best for the four of you, my dearest fiancés and fiancées!!

No comments: