Saturday 5 January 2008

Christmas scenes

My Christmas holiday: from the 23rd of December to the 3rd of January.

What's that sign over there? I drew near.

Ehm?? This must be a joke! I turned around and walked away.

I went up the ramp to explore the first and second floor. I was looking for a good place to settle for the night.

Nothing up there. Just benches with people lying on them, fast asleep. I had spotted a better place back on the ground level. I installed myself at a table in a cozy dining area, with a British couple and an Argentinian family (shown sleeping on the right-hand side) as neighbours.

Now wait a second! This is not a god-forsaken little village in the middle of nowhere. This is a big and vibrant city in a modern country, suitable enough for Sandra Bullock and her family, or anyone else in the world, for that matter, to spend their Christmas... My village mind!!!! I drew close to the Arrivals board to check for flights from the US. None until after eight. It was two. I noticed that the Iberia flight from Santiago (de Compostela), expected to arrive at five to midnight, was delayed until four. Amazing!

At half past four, the flight from Santiago was further delayed to eight o'clock!

Walking towards my gate in the K (red) area of the christmas-decorated T4 terminal.

Home. Through the lounge window: a foggy day.

Zoomed in.

From my bedroom's window: the same foggy day.


And my sister in the driveway.

From the front door.



Yule log or tronco di natale (imported by El Corte Inglés from Italy) on New Year's Eve...

... and my sisters.

Back at T4 on 3 January. The four towers (in the background) looked beautiful with their tops covered by the low clouds. It's difficult to appreciate here.


The four towers.

No comments: